- We give talks at the APS March Meeting in Boston 3-10-19
- Shiyuan Gao joins the group as a new postdoc 1-15-19
- We plan the release of our PERTURBO code. Stay tuned! 12-15-18
Our work on computing electron-phonon interactions including soft modes
is published in Physical Review Letters.
- We receive funding from the DOE as part of a Caltech team
investigating quantum states in two-dimensional materials 9-28-18
- Our joint theory-experiment work on the Rashba effect in halide perovskites
is featured in the Caltech News!
- The APS March Meeting comes to Los Angeles! Marco will give
an invited talk on carrier dynamics and a
tutorial on electron-phonon coupling.
The group will give talks on several topics 3-1-18 .
- Marco receives the NSF CAREER Award 12-15-17
- Our work on ultrafast carrier dynamics in GaN and the origin of the efficiency droop in LEDs
is featured in the Caltech News!
- Marco receives the AFOSR Young Investigator Award 10-10-17
- Marco gives an invited talk at the World Association of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (WATOC) 2017 conference. 9-1-17
- We receive funding from Caltech's Space Solar Initiative. 8-1-17
- Our joint experiment-theory work on hot carrier super-diffusion
is featured in the Caltech News! 6-15-17
- Congratulations to Vatsal for passing the candidacy exam! 6-14-17
- Two graduate students, Hsiao-Yi Chen (Physics) and Xiao Tong (Materials Science), join the group! 4-15-17
- Marco gives talks at Trinity College, Cambridge University and EPFL on our work on electron-phonon interactions and excited carrier dynamics. 4-15-17
- Our work on energy storage using defects is accepted in Scientific Reports. 4-1-17
- Our work on Super-Diffusion of Excited Carriers in Silicon, a theory-experiment collaboration with Prof. Ahmed Zewail, is accepted in Nature Communications! 3-3-17
- Luis, Jin-Jian, Vatsal, I-Te and Marco will present at the APS March Meeting. 3-2-17
- Marco gives two talks at the TMS conference in San Diego. 3-1-17
- Marco gives a Materials Research Lecture at Caltech on the Electron-Phonon Interaction.
- Jin-Jian's article on ab initio polar phonon scattering is published in Physical Review B as a rapid communication. 11-28-16
- The Psi-K features Marco's review article on ab initio electron and phonon dynamics.
Read the summary and the review article. 11-4-16
- The NERSC supercomputing center features Marco's research on carrier dynamics and solar cells.
Read the news article and interview. 10-19-16
- We receive funding through the NSF SI2 program to develop a code for electron dynamics 9-10-16
- Marco gives an invited talk at the Keck Energy Materials Research workshop
at CSU Long Beach 9-10-16
- Marco's research on hot carriers featured on phys.org 6-13-16
- Vatsal is awarded the prestigious Resnick graduate fellowship. Congratulations! 5-17-16
- Marco's review on computational methods for solar cells published in Energy and Environmental Science 5-12-16
- Congratulations to I-Te for passing the candidacy exam! 4-26-16
- Vatsal, I-Te, Seva, and Marco give talks at the APS March Meeting in Baltimore 3-14-16
- We receive funding through the Caltech-GIST Memorandum of Understanding! 1-27-16
- The group is awarded a start-up supercomputing time allocation at XSEDE, an NSF-funded center 1-25-16
- Marco gives an invited talk at the biennial Total Energy and Force Methods international workshop in Luxembourg 1-14-16
- The group is awarded supercomputing time at NERSC, a DOE-funded center 1-12-16
- Jin Jian Zhou joins the group as a JCAP-funded postdoc 12-15-15
- Marco will give three invited talks in Europe, at Oxford, Imperial, and CFEL in Hamburg, on our recent work on ultrafast carrier dynamics in semiconductors 11-15-15
- We obtain funding from JCAP, a DOE-BES supported hub to study the basic science of artificial photosynthesis 10-1-15
- Luis Agapito joins the group as a senior postdoc 10-1-15
- Ivanov Vsevolod (Seva) joins the group 10-1-15
- Marco wins the 2015 Psi-K Volker Heine Young Investigator Award 9-8-15
- Marco gives an invited talk at the Psi-k conference 9-6-15
- Vatsal Jhalani and I-Te Lu join the group 9-1-15
- We obtain funding from Dow Chemical and the Resnick Institute 9-1-15
- Our new cluster, Tempo, completes the first production run 8-31-15