- We receive support from the National Science Foundation to continue the development of our Perturbo code. Stay tuned! 8-1-22
- Marco's IPAM talk on Precise Quantum Mechanical Calculations of Electron Interactions and Dynamics is available on YouTube. 4-18-22
- We released Perturbo v2.0 with many new capabilities. 3-14-22
- Our work on electron-phonon interactions in correlated materials, done in collaboration with Nicola Marzari's group at EPFL,
is published in Physical Review Letters. Read the news article from EPFL. 9-15-21
- Hsiao-Yi wins a RIKEN Special Postdoctoral Fellowship and moves to Japan. Best of luck! 9-1-21
- I-Te receives the Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship and starts a postdoc at Max Planck, Hamburg. Well done! 8-15-21
- Hsiao-Yi wins Caltech's Demetriades-Tsafka-Kokkalis Prize for best PhD thesis in Nanotechnology. 6-2-21
- Marco has been promoted to Full Professor. Congratulations! 6-1-21
- Marco's CIQM seminar at Harvard on "First-principles electron dynamics in quantum materials" is available on YouTube. 5-1-21
- Caltech news features a story on our Perturbo code. 4-1-21
- Marco receives the ISSNAF "Franco Strazzabosco" Young Investigator Award for Research in Engineering. 12-1-20
- We hold the second virtual workshop of our PERTURBO code with over 120 participants. 11-18-20
- We hold the first virtual workshop of our PERTURBO code with over 50 participants. 10-15-20
- Marco's talk at the ICTP workshop on ultrafast charge dynamics in semiconductors is available on YouTube. 9-30-20
- Our papers on piezoelectric electron-phonon interaction and first-principles exciton-phonon calculations are both published in Physical Review Letters.
- Hsiao-Yi Chen receives the prestigious J. Yang Fellowship from the J.Yang & Family Foundation.
- Marco and Jin-Jian were to give invited talks at the 2020 APS March Meeting.
Slides of their talks are available on the APS website (links: Marco's talk on ultrafast dynamics , Jin-Jian's talk on charge transport in oxides )
- Our PERTURBO code is available for download.
PERTURBO computes electron-phonon interactions, charge transport, and ultrafast carrier dynamics.
It is efficient, parallelized, and carefully tested. Its workflows are intuitive and user friendly.
The paper accompanying PERTURBO is available on arXiv.
Caltech features our recent work on charge transport in strontium titanate. 12-9-19
- Marco wins an Emerging Young Investigator Award at the 4th Functional Oxide Thin Films for Advanced Energy and Information Technology Conference in Portugal. 7-20-19
- Marco gives two invited talks at the ACS Spring Meeting in Orlando 4-1-19
- We give talks at the APS March Meeting in Boston 3-10-19
- Shiyuan Gao joins the group as a new postdoc 1-15-19
Our work on electron-phonon interactions due to soft modes
is published in Physical Review Letters.
- We receive DOE funding as part of a Caltech team
investigating quantum states in two-dimensional materials 9-28-18
- Our joint theory-experiment work on the Rashba effect in halide perovskites
is featured in the Caltech News!
- The APS March Meeting comes to Los Angeles! Marco will give
an invited talk on carrier dynamics and a
tutorial on electron-phonon coupling.
The group will give talks on several topics 3-1-18 .
- Marco receives the NSF CAREER Award 12-15-17
- Our work on hot carriers in GaN and the origin of the LED efficiency droop
is featured in the Caltech News!
- Marco receives the AFOSR Young Investigator Award 10-10-17
- Marco gives an invited talk at the World Association of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry conference. 9-1-17
- We receive funding from Caltech's Space Solar Initiative. 8-1-17
- Our joint experiment-theory work on hot carrier super-diffusion
is featured in the Caltech News! 6-15-17
- Congratulations to Vatsal for passing the candidacy exam! 6-14-17
- Two graduate students, Hsiao-Yi Chen (Physics) and Xiao Tong (Materials Science), join the group! 4-15-17
- Marco gives talks at Trinity College, Cambridge University and EPFL on our work on electron-phonon interactions and excited carrier dynamics. 4-15-17
- Our work on energy storage using defects is accepted in Scientific Reports. 4-1-17
- Our work on Super-Diffusion of Excited Carriers in Silicon, a theory-experiment collaboration with Prof. Ahmed Zewail, is accepted in Nature Communications! 3-3-17
- Luis, Jin-Jian, Vatsal, I-Te and Marco will present at the APS March Meeting. 3-2-17
- Marco gives two talks at the TMS conference in San Diego. 3-1-17
- Marco gives a Materials Research Lecture at Caltech on the Electron-Phonon Interaction.
- Jin-Jian's work on ab initio polar phonon scattering is published in Phys. Rev. B as a Rapid Communication. 11-28-16
- The Psi-K features Marco's review article on ab initio electron and phonon dynamics.
Read the summary and the review article. 11-4-16
- The NERSC supercomputing center features Marco's research on carrier dynamics and solar cells.
Read the news article and interview. 10-19-16
- We receive funding through the NSF SI2 program to develop a code for electron dynamics 9-10-16
- Marco gives an invited talk at the Keck Energy Materials Research workshop
at CSU Long Beach 9-10-16
- Marco's research on hot carriers featured on phys.org 6-13-16
- Vatsal is awarded the prestigious Resnick graduate fellowship. Congratulations! 5-17-16
- Marco's review on computational methods for solar cells published in Energy and Environmental Science 5-12-16
- Congratulations to I-Te for passing the candidacy exam! 4-26-16
- Vatsal, I-Te, Seva, and Marco give talks at the APS March Meeting in Baltimore 3-14-16
- We receive funding through the Caltech-GIST Memorandum of Understanding! 1-27-16
- The group is awarded a start-up supercomputing time allocation at XSEDE, an NSF-funded center 1-25-16
- Marco gives an invited talk at the biennial Total Energy and Force Methods international workshop in Luxembourg 1-14-16
- The group is awarded supercomputing time at NERSC, a DOE-funded center 1-12-16
- Jin Jian Zhou joins the group as a JCAP-funded postdoc 12-15-15
- Marco will give three invited talks in Europe, at Oxford, Imperial, and CFEL in Hamburg, on our recent work on ultrafast carrier dynamics in semiconductors 11-15-15
- We obtain funding from JCAP, a DOE-BES supported hub to study the basic science of artificial photosynthesis 10-1-15
- Luis Agapito joins the group as a senior postdoc 10-1-15
- Ivanov Vsevolod (Seva) joins the group 10-1-15
- Marco wins the 2015 Psi-K Volker Heine Young Investigator Award 9-8-15
- Marco gives an invited talk at the Psi-k conference 9-6-15
- Vatsal Jhalani and I-Te Lu join the group 9-1-15
- We obtain funding from Dow Chemical and the Resnick Institute 9-1-15
- Our new cluster, Tempo, completes the first production run 8-31-15